- Always wear protective gear - helmet, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads
- Master the basics - moving, stopping, and turning
- Maintain your equipment in safe condition
- Obey all traffic regulations. When on skates, skaters have the same obligations as any wheeled traffic.
- Control your speed
- Watch for road hazards
- Avoid water, oil, and sand
- Avoid heavy traffic
- Skate on the right and pass on the left - announce your intentions by saying "passing on your left"
- Always yield to pedestrians
- Be a good-will ambassador for the sport
Certified Inline Skating Instructor
Zephyr Inline Skate Tour Guide